Become a Member
for IBM Informix and DB2 Users
A One-Day User Group Technical Conference
Wednesday, April 21, 2004
Northern Virginia Community College
The Washington DC Area Informix Users Group (WAIUG) proudly announces its
6th user group technical conference: WAIUG Forum 2004, the largest convocation for IBM database users on the
U.S. East Coast! This key event featured multiple tracks concentrating
on database engine performance tuning and management, SQL and effective product
This exciting event included:
14 Technical presentations by the top Informix and DB2 Speakers (6 IBM Data Management Gold Consultants, Speakers from IBM Labs)
Three tracks Covering:
- Informix Adminstration and Performance
- DB2 Administration and Performance
- Tools and Applications for DB2 and Informix Users
Product exhibits and demos from our sponsors
CD with public domain software, and
A chance to meet and network with other IBM database developers, programmers,
DBAs, and users.
- Lunch and Refreshments (morning & afternoon)
Pictures from the Forum
DB2 Administration and Performance Track
- DB2 V8 Data Warehouse Performance - David Beulke, President - International DB2 Users Group
- Powerful SQL: Past, Present & Future - Sheryl M. Larsen, Sheryl M. Larsen, Inc.
- DBA Checklist - Dwaine R Snow, IBM Canada
- A Technical Comparison of DB2 and Informix - Dwaine R Snow, IBM Canada
- Informix to DB2 Migration: A DBA's Story (2 sessions) - J. Warren Donovan and Robert Carts, SAIC
Informix Administration and Performance Track
- Monitoring and Tuning Your Informix Server - Lester Knutsen, Advanced DataTools Corporation
- Database Design for Success ( 2 sessions) - Jack Parker, Database Consultant
- WebSphere for Informix DBAs - Michael Chaney, ChainLink Networking Solutions, Inc.
- Performance Tuning Stories From the Road (2 sessions) - Mark Scranton, IBM
Tools and Applications for DB2 and Informix Track
- Overview of Four J's Next Generation 4GL Product "Genero"
- 4GL Developers, Improve Productivity: FourGen CASE Tools and FourGen Accounting Software - Syed Kamal, Gillani, Inc.
- Using Perl and DBI/DBD with Informix Databases (new tricks and tips) - Darryl Priest, Piper Rudnick LLP
- Informix SQL Performance Tuning (2 sessions) - Mike Walker, UCI Consulting
- WebSphere / J2EE Implementation Made (Very) Easy - Jean Georges Perrin, Awoma
Forum 2004 Flyer in Adobe PDF Format
Forum 2004 is Sponsored by