Become a Member
The Washington Area Informix User Group (WAIUG) based in Washington, DC, and the Southeast Informix Users Group (SEIUG), based in Atlanta, GA, have teamed up once again to present Informix User Forum 2006. This is a user conference planned and run by Informix users for Informix users.
Keynote - Ambuj Goyal, General Manager of IBM Information Management
Quotes from this years attendee's:
- Thanks you for doing this every year! Its a very valuable conference. I like the fact that its short enough not to miss too much work but theres a lot packed in.
- Wonderful to have rooms and conference in the same facility
- I appreciate your ability to get some of the most knowledgeable speakers in the field to present.
- Excellent value, useful information, would attend again.
Tracks and Sessions:
Database Tools and Applications:
- Auditing with IDS by Jonathan Leffler, IBM
- Building Informix Data-Driven Applications with .Net by Sean Durity, CornerCap Investment Counsel
- Calling Informix 4gl from Java 2 EE by Sergio Ferreira, IIUG
- Developing Informix Applications in Python by Carsten Haese, Unique Systems, Inc.
- Introduction to Java Development with IDS by Jean Georges Perrin, IIUG
- PHP Programming with the New PDO Informix Module by Thomas Beebe, Advanced DataTools Corporation
- Using Perl with Your Databases by Darryl Priest, DLA Piper US LLP
- WebSphere Information Integrator Federation with DB2 and Informix by Sathish Sadagopan, IBM Informix
Informix Performance Tuning and Administration
- IDS Features Update by Jacques Roy, IBM
- IDS Performance Tuning by Carlton Doe, IBM
- IDS Replication Tool Kit by Madison Pruet, IBM
- Informix Real Time Fragmentation by Jack Parker, DBAgnostics
- Informix Data Storage and Data In's and Out's by James Edmiston, Quest Information Systems, Inc.
- Introduction to Replication in IDS by Nancy Balsbaugh, Cisco Systems
- SQL Performance Tuning by Kevin Fennimore, UCI Consulting
- UNIX Tools and Scripts to Monitor Informix IDS by Lester Knutsen, Advanced DataTools Corporation
DB2 Performance Tuning and Administration
- DB2 Active-Active Clustering by Dwaine Snow, IBM
- DB2 Version 9 New Features by Keith Gardenhire, IBM
- DBA Cross Training - Informix & Unix DB2 by Kate Tomchik, The Home Depot
- Index Design for the Busy Database System by Larry Kintisch, ABLE Information Services
- Performance for SOA Java DB2 Applications by David Beulke, Pragmatic Solutions, Inc.
- SQL on Fire - Part 1 by Serge Rielau, IBM Canada
- SQL on Fire - Part 2 by Serge Rielau, IBM Canada
Premiere Sponsor Presentations
- Administration and Performance Tuning with Server Studio/Sentinel
by Lester Knutsen for AGS
- Converting Character 4GL Apps to Windows GUI Using Genero by Tom Smith, Fourth Generation Software
- DB2 using Sun's servers by Phil Philbin, Sun Microsystems
- FourGen: How to Improve Productivity on IDS or DB2 by Syed Kamal, Gillani
- Four J’s Development Tools by Four J's
- Informix Application Performance Tuning with DBSonar by Young Tan, Cobrasonic Software, Inc.
- Querix by Hubert Hoelzl, Querix